Who’s ready for a fall getaway? I am! The summer has ended, but that doesn’t mean I stop planning for future trips with or without my little ones (per my recent FB.com post). I’ve come across some luxury hotels and an exciting new cruise offering specials for fall and winter travel. Check out these three places in the U.S. and abroad with cool experiences for couples, groups, or families with older kids!
Gambling in the Poconos
I had the pleasure of touring the Mount Airy Casino Resort recently and it’s only an hour and 15 minutes from my house in New Jersey. The scenic drive around the Pocono Mountains makes for a romantic ride, and the million-dollar indoor/outdoor pool with private cabanas and fire pits are reason enough to go with your partner for a weekend getaway. Plus, rooms have been recently renovated (I suggest booking a King suite), and the resort features a spa, multiple restaurants, a Red Mango for those who are still obsessed with fro-yo, and a nightclub scene that will keep you up all hours if gambling isn’t your thing. I was told they sell out fast for their over-the-top New Year’s Eve bash, which I might have to book as a surprise b-day present to my hubby (time to build up that college fund for our kids–or lose it, ha ha! Just kidding). Book one of their many specials for golfers, spa-goers, and night owls here.
The Hamptons Off-Season
- Two-night accommodations for two people (with 20% room discount)
- Cocktail reception upon arrival and dinner at leisure (Guest Relations Team to assist with reservations for top Hamptons restaurants)
- Guided luxury tour with Wine Expert to Channing Daughters Winery and Wölffer Estate Vineyard
- Lunch at Hamptons restaurant
- A stop at the Inn’s favorite Wine Purveyor, Domaine Franey, where guests will be greeted by local Vintner to sample a taste of Long Island wine from North Fork region
- Three-course meal at sister-restaurant Meeting House
- Gourmet continental breakfast daily per person
Cruise around Cuba
You can hate on Obama all you want, but, from a travel perspective, the work he has done to open Cuba to American travelers via tour operators is a BIG DEAL! Central Holidays announced in August the launch of its eight-night Cruise Around Cuba aboard the luxury Celestyal Crystal. It includes a guided walking tour in Havana, venturing to Maria La Gorda to explore its deep swimming hole with an underground connection to the sea, and going to Cienfuegos–the only Cuban city that was founded by the French in Cuba–and exploring Santiago de Cuba, month other points of interest. Rates start at $2,999 per person (including international air from Miami to Havana). Travelers who book by September 30 will save $150 off ocean view staterooms on any departure from December 2015 – April 2016! To learn more, go to www.latinamerica-vacations.com.